We are currently seeking full time web developers to join our team, especially those with experience in CraftCMS, Shopify or WordPress. We work a flexible hybrid system, partially in office and partially from home, though we are open to fully remote candidates. We are also currently operating a long term reduced hour, four day week trial that will hopefully become permanent in the summer.
Our client base spans many business sectors with projects ranging from brochure sites through to large CMS, e-commerce and bespoke application development projects. The position will require working within our development team and alongside other departments on the development of new digital projects from scratch as well as with the maintenance of existing sites. We have a lot of retained clients who are looking to get the most from their digital presence, so we’re on the lookout for people who can contribute with great ideas on a functional, creative as well as technical level.
Candidates should be enthusiastic team players; primarily you will be working alongside other web developers, however you will also have regular opportunities to collaborate with our in-house designers, online marketing team and account handlers to participate in the creative development of new ideas and solutions. The position is best suited to someone who thrives in a friendly and informal environment, but can also work to deadlines.
As a development team we work across a number of platforms and technologies driven by what is most suitable for the project and the client's requirements.
- Experience using Webpack, Grunt or Gulp
- Strong appreciation for website performance and optimisation
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of accessibility issues and best practice
- Knowledge of git or other version/source control
- Ability to keep up with trends in web development and a willingness to learn new technology and skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and self-motivated
- Advanced experience in Shopify development, such as creating bespoke themes
- Experience working with Craft CMS, WordPress or other CMS products
- Solid understanding of PHP, MySQL
- The ability creatively apply design themes and styles to web projects with direction from our creative team
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), or pro rata
- Long term 4 day week trial currently under way
- Hybrid working with a mix of at home and in office, with fully remote a potential option for the right candidate
- Lovely offices with panoramic views of Harrogate, 5 minute walk into town centre, 10 minute walk from train & bus station
- Pension contributions
- A Macbook: to use around the office and at home
- A relaxed working atmosphere with a friendly bunch of people 🙂
- Office tuck shop & fully stocked drinks fridge
- Breakout area with TV, Netflix & games consoles
- On-site cafe
- Regular social events
Think this is the perfect role for you?
Send us your CV and covering letter to [email protected] and we'll be in touch!