Now, you’ll probably be after an ice cream, some fish and chips, a nice saunter along the seafront — as well as some stunning sea views, of course.
With so many gorgeous, jaw-dropping coastal panoramas to choose from, we truly are spoiled for choice in the UK. From the hustle and bustle of the busy amusements to the serenity of the rural seaside, there’s something for everyone.
Well, to help you with your decision, here are some quick, interesting insights from our social media bods. Behold, the most popular UK coastal destinations for Instagram users!
(Psst, God’s very own country of Yorkshire features plenty of times!).
The UK’s Most Instagrammed Beaches & Coasts
- Brighton, Sussex (#BrightonBeach) — 865,000 Instagram hashtag mentions
- White Nothe, Dorset (#WhiteNothe) — 740,000
- Durdle Door, Dorset (#DurdleDoor) — 245,000
- Bournemouth, Dorset (#BournemouthBeach) — 158,000
- Scarborough, Yorkshire (#ScarboroughBeach) — 148,000
- Botany Bay, Kent (#BotanyBay) — 94,600
- Hunstanton, Norfolk (#Hunstanton) — 88,600
- Robin Hood’s Bay, Yorkshire (#RobinHoodsBay) — 78,500
- Morecambe, Lancashire (#MorecambeBay) — 57,100
- Saltburn Beach, Yorkshire (#SaltburnByTheSea) — 46,800
- Torquay, Devon (#TorquayBeach) — 37,400
- Saunton Sands, Devon (#SauntonSands) — 35,700
- Sennen Cove, Cornwall (#SennenCove) — 35,700
- Sandbanks, Dorset (#SandbanksBeach) — 31,100
- Holkham, Norfolk (#HolkhamBeach) — 26,200
- Walsberwick, Suffolk (#Walsberwick) — 25,900
- Whitstable, Kent (#WhitstableBeach) — 25,700
- West Wittering, Sussex (#WestWitteringBeach) — 22,000
- Cuckmere Haven, Sussex (#CuckmereHaven) — 21,100
- Woolacombe, Devon (#WoolacombeBeach) — 20,200
- Cromer, Norfolk (#CromerBeach) — 17,800
- Runswick Bay, Yorkshire (#RunswickBay) — 16,600
- Bamburgh, Northumberland (#BamburghBeach) — 16,200
- Filey, Yorkshire (#FileyBeach) — 16,200
- Cayton Bay, Yorkshire (#CaytonBay) — 16,000
Topping the coastal charts by clocking up an almighty 865,000 Instagram hashtag mentions throughout time is Brighton beach, making it officially the most popular coastal destination in the country for snap-happy social media users.
Proudly sitting in second are the iconic chalk headlands of Dorset’s White Nothe beach, the stunning setting for over 740,000 Instagram photos. Taking the bronze medal amongst beach bronzers on Instagram is another Dorset location, the breathtaking Durdle Door.
This is followed by Bournemouth and then — you guessed it — Yorkshire’s Scarborough beach taking pride of place in fifth!
Propping the rest of the top 10 most Instagram-tagged beaches include another two Yorkshire coastal hotspots — Robin Hood’s Bay and Saltburn — with other in-demand Insta locations including Morecambe, Botany Bay and Hunstanton.
Of course, we wouldn’t be the proud Yorkshire agency that we are without giving a shoutout to all those other quieter (but no less beautiful) beaches throughout the county. After all, it’s not all about just popularity.
Hidden gem-seeking Instagrammers in Yorkshire may want to head to Boggle Hole (only 3,800 mentions) or Sandsend Beach (3,300). Other popular Yorkshire coastal hotspots featuring in the UK’s top 100 included Whitby, Bridlington, Hornsea and Mappleton beach.
So, which one will it be for you this summer? Let us know!
Oh, and if you fancy having our team of digital experts get behind the data for your marketing strategy, drop us a line to discuss your needs.